Saturday, February 20, 2010
Draussen Am See
Draussen Am See (Losing Balance)...
Nice film... I have been quite lucky with my choice of german films.. I saw Das Leben Der Anderen (The lives of others) long before it was in the Oscar race. Oh, and though it was not in german, The Reader - for which Kate Winslett won the oscar - was great too...

In Draussen Am See, Elisa Schlott plays the teen-aged protagonist is a delightful precocious kid, with her penchant for collecting and remembering cute factoids at odd moments. She seems like a mix of Abigail Bresslin, Dakota Fanning and Drew Barrymore from her ET days.

Once I never thought I would say this - that I'm beginning to find the German language euphonic. I always thought German was a much harsher/harder language - like the Slavic languages than say, French. Plus the german accent tends itself to be parodies so much on TV comedies here. May be....

But just listening to Jessika (Elisa) shout 'Ja ein mehr,' (Yes, one more) as she rides on the pillion. Okay it's also her almost-babyish voice, but it sounds so mellifluous. I think I'm turning into a germanophile too...
 
posted by Kripa Nidhi at 7:44 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: