Saturday, September 18, 2010
Captain Cuthbert Gervase 'Bwana' Brabazon-Biggar
“In the kindliest spirit I suggest that your eyesight needs medical attention.”
“My eyesight? My eyesight? Do you know who you’re talking to? I am Sahib Biggar.”
“I regret to say that the name is unknown to me. However, Sahib, I can only repeat…”
“In this country I use my title of Captain.”
“Sahib or Captain, I still say that you have made the pardonable mistake of misreading a licence number.”
Before speaking again, Captain Cuthbert Gervase 'Bwana' Brabazon-Biggar was obliged to swallow once or twice, to restore his composure. He also took another nut.
"Look," he said, almost mildly. "Perhaps you're not up on these things. You haven't been told who's who and what's what. I am Captain Biggar - the White Hunter, the most famous White Hunter in all Africa and Indonesia. I can stand without a tremor in the path of an onrushing rhino ... and why? Because my eyesight is so superb that I know ... I know I can get him in that one vulnerable spot before he has come within sixty paces."
“I concede that you may have trained your eyes for that purpose, but, poorly informed as I am on the subject, I do not believe that rhinoceri are equipped with number plates.
 
posted by Kripa Nidhi at 9:16 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: